APAP is an informal network of government protected area agencies from Asia working at national or sub-national level.
Benefits of membership
By joining, your organisation becomes part of a region-wide collaborative hub that exchanges knowledge and expertise on protected areas issues.
Members become part of a network that:
- Facilitates access to the latest protected area information and guidelines;
- Supports the adoption of global best practice standards;
- Facilitates dialogue between countries interested in transboundary protected area management;
- Assists with the development of funding proposals for regional projects and initiatives;
- Facilitates studies on protected areas and make the results accessible to a wide audience; and
- Strengthens the voice of the Asian protected area community.
Members also have the opportunity to participate in technical workshops and experience sharing events on topics such as management effectiveness evaluation, participatory management approaches, benefit sharing, and mitigation of human-wildlife conflict.
Membership will be open to other institutions with a demonstrated commitment to APAP's mission. APAP is a voluntary network and there are no membership fees.
How to join
For more information on joining APAP, please contact:
Dr Scott Perkin
Head, Natural Resources Group
IUCN Asia Regional Office
63 Sukhumvit Soi 39
Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Tel: +662 662 4029